All the important information for volunteers can be found here! Contact us for more information; more volunteers are always welcome!
Master Scorekeeper (Double Elimination Bracket)
- Keeps track of scores on main board (scores brought by runners);
- Assigns runners to specific rooms of play and directs runners to get teams and bring to designated rooms for games.
- Runners (1 for each room of play)
- Designated to a specific room by the Master Scorekeeper;
- Retrieve teams from main holding area(s) and bring to designated room for their games;
- Get score of previous game from buzzer system/timekeeper in the designated room and give the information to the Master Scorekeeper.
Emcees (1 for each room of play)
- Read questions given to them by the judge;
- Acknowledge team and then specific player to answer after buzzing in.
- Deem the answer correct or incorrect
- Give the correct answer to the question if neither team is able to answer
- Declares the winner
Scorekeeper (1 for each room of play)
- Uses scoreboard to keep score for all games in one room;
- Makes sure the score is recorded before the board is cleared at the end of the game
Buzzer System/Timer (1 for each room of play)
- Reset buzzer system after team member has been called on by emcee;
- Time 10 seconds for team to confer after emcee acknowledges team member that has buzzed in
- Keeps score of games played in the room and gives to runner for main scoreboard
Judge (1 for each room of play)
- Keeps track of questions used/discarded or substituted
- Gives questions to emcee for appropriate rounds
- Deals with procedural challenges
- Keeps game moving in a timely manner
- Calls into question and deals with actions of emcee, scorekeeper, buzzer system/timekeeper
- Keeps order in designated room including audience members, team members, coaches
- Stops play if necessary
- Well versed in all eight titles, brings copies of books (given to them) to the event